What is Skin Scraping?
Skin Scraping (Gua Sha) is a healing technique used in traditional medicine, which literally means literally "to scrape away fever" . The skin is pressed with a piece of jade, and repeated strokes over lubricated skin with a smooth edge that results in stimulation and the appearance of small red patches.
Benefits of Skin Scraping?
- stimulates the immune system, detoxifies and de-acidifies, promotes good circulation
- regulates functions and organs
- has a quick effect on pain from head, neck, shoulder, joint and back pain to RSI, fibromyalgia, sciatica and other nerve pain, migraine, PMS, osteoporosis, rheumatism.
- revitalizes and regenerates, diminishes stress, fatigue and burn-out, rebalances emotions, relaxes and promotes clarity of mind
- improves countless chronic disorders and complaints
Are there any risks?
Because the scraping is on oily skin the patient will hardly feel pain - neither during nor after the treatment - the skin will not be damaged, and the red spots will fully disappear within 3 to 7 days.