What is Cupping?
Cupping therapy is the method of using glass or plastic cups to create localized pressure by a vacuum. It disperses internal heat, and helps the body expel toxins. Suction pulls toxins, pathogenic factors, blood poison, dead lymph and cellular debris from deep within the tissues to the surface. These are then more easily expelled from the body.
Cupping therapy has been found to affect the body up to four inches into the tissues, and is the best deep tissue massage available.
What are the benefits of Cupping therapy?
- Opens the meridians of the body, allowing invigorating energy to travel the whole length of the body.
- Can penetrate deep into your tissues causing the tissues to release harmful toxins.
- Can be used to promote the function of the kidneys, gallbladder, liver or lungs.
- Increase in blood flow relieves muscle cramping, hardening of tissue and associated pain.
- Used in the treatment of respiratory, digestive, gynaecological and pain syndromes.
- Helps activate and clear the colon, veins, arteries and capillaries, clears stretch marks and improves varicose veins.
What are the risks?
Following the treatment you should make sure that you drink enough water to remain well hydrated and do not do any vigorous exercise. The treatment will cause localized bruises, which is usually a shade of red. This is the result of toxins being removed from your body with the suction effect.